Welcome To Hell

Welcome to Hell Folks! Shane is a Young YA Fic Author, who is currently writing her first novel titled "My Lady, The Reaper" and "Non Serviam". She is also writing a novel with her sister Dylan titled, "Welcome To Hell", hence Shanes intro. In this blog, Shane Will be writing about books she has read, and the books she is currently writing. She also tends to post quotes, mostly about the devil. She is a shameless Athiest, who hates it when people force their religion on her. She's a Aries and gets bored easily, so post good things. Follow her and she will follow back! And yes, She speaks in third person! Don't Judge!

About Me

My photo
She's a younge novelist trying to finish her first YA book and get published before she finishes school. And yeah, she speaks in 3rd person.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cut by Patricia McCromick

Rating: 9

This book was really good. Callie is a young girl in the stage of her life where she's a cutter. She's in rehab and is refusing to speak to anyone about it, or anything for that matter. The book really wasn't something I wouldn't have looked at. My sister Jessie actually got me to read it. When I did, I fell in love. This book was moving and it made so much sense like Ms. McCormick really was a cutter. I'm not sure if she was or is, but she was pretty damn good at describing the feeling, the perfect rush, the undeniable pleasure of cutting. It was fabulous.
“A tingle arced across my scalp. The floor tipped up at me and my body spiraled away. Then I was on the ceiling looking down, waiting to see what would happen next. What happened next was that a perfect straight line of blood bloomed from under the edge of the blade. The line grew into a long, fat bubble a lush crimson bubble that got bigger and bigger. I watched from above, waiting to see how big it would get before it burst. When it did, I felt awesome. Satisfied, finally. Then exhausted…”
This description blew my mind. I really felt like I could relate to it.
Anyway, Callie doesn’t want treatment but later on realizes that it would be good. The book doesn’t have that much of a story line but I really liked it. It was one of those life books that really sticks with you. I only wish there was some romance. That would have been pretty nice. I like romance. This book deserved some. That’s why I gave this book a nine, and the face that I like supernatural books and I felt like she really could have put a S.N. twist on it.
Over all the book was amazing. It’s good for cutters and regulars of all ages and it puts a new mindset on things. Not perfect but pretty damn close.


No comments:

Post a Comment