Welcome To Hell

Welcome to Hell Folks! Shane is a Young YA Fic Author, who is currently writing her first novel titled "My Lady, The Reaper" and "Non Serviam". She is also writing a novel with her sister Dylan titled, "Welcome To Hell", hence Shanes intro. In this blog, Shane Will be writing about books she has read, and the books she is currently writing. She also tends to post quotes, mostly about the devil. She is a shameless Athiest, who hates it when people force their religion on her. She's a Aries and gets bored easily, so post good things. Follow her and she will follow back! And yes, She speaks in third person! Don't Judge!

About Me

My photo
She's a younge novelist trying to finish her first YA book and get published before she finishes school. And yeah, she speaks in 3rd person.

Monday, June 20, 2011

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Rating: 9

Despite a few pissy flaws, I really enjoyed this book. Firelight caught my attention. First it has an amazing cover. That girl looks super cool. Second, I really liked the plot, but I also didn’t like the plot at the same time. I really loved how Jucinda had to leave the “pride” of Draki. She had to run because the people she trusted wanted to use her. That was good. I also liked how she fell for the hunter. I didn’t like how the hunter, Will, was that “different” one. You know like “I don’t drink human blood I hunt the over populated animals.”
Except he was more like “I don’t chose to hunt dragons, I’ve been leading my family in different directions. When I’m finished with school there’s no more hunting for me.” those weren’t direct quotes form books but they were close enough that when you read the books you’ll know what I’m talking about.
I really wanted to get know the guy she was supposed to be mated with. Maybe he would have been like Ren from Nightshade. I really liked him. Anyway in the end Jucinda manifested in front of a group of hunters and is being taken back by the guy whose name I cant remember. She still loves Will and they made a promise to find each other again. I think they will because of the fact that there will be a new book called “Vanish” coming out September 6th if I’m right.
I cant wait to see what happens.


1 comment:

  1. Quick suggestion:
    Check out the novel "Lolita" by Vladimir Nabokov is you wish to read something stunning (or at least to the standards of 1955). Oh, and don't watch the Kubrick adaptation until after reading the book (if you haven't already).

    ReplyDelete