Welcome To Hell

Welcome to Hell Folks! Shane is a Young YA Fic Author, who is currently writing her first novel titled "My Lady, The Reaper" and "Non Serviam". She is also writing a novel with her sister Dylan titled, "Welcome To Hell", hence Shanes intro. In this blog, Shane Will be writing about books she has read, and the books she is currently writing. She also tends to post quotes, mostly about the devil. She is a shameless Athiest, who hates it when people force their religion on her. She's a Aries and gets bored easily, so post good things. Follow her and she will follow back! And yes, She speaks in third person! Don't Judge!

About Me

My photo
She's a younge novelist trying to finish her first YA book and get published before she finishes school. And yeah, she speaks in 3rd person.

Monday, June 27, 2011

Hush Hush By Becca Fitzpatrick

















Rating: 9

Believe it or not, Hush Hush was a really great book. It caught my attention with that great cover and then there was the prolog that left me confused but wanting more. It started off kinda weird but so do a lot of other book so I kept reading. And you know what happened? Nora the narrator met this stupidly hot guy who was s total jerk and a freak because he knew everything about her. Sound like anyone you know??? Anyway Nora starts finding Patch, the jerk/fallen angel. everywhere she goes and he can get her to the craziest things. She also gets the sense that someone is following her, and trying to kill her. The book keeps you guessing, or if you’re like my, knowing but wanting to make sure.
For those who want to read this book, I don’t advise you do down, for those that do, here’s the ending.
Nora and patch get stranded in the middle of a rainstorm and decide to wait it out in a hotel room the patch gets. There they make out, then Nora touches the scars on Patch’s back, from where his wings used to be. To make a long story short Nora finds out that patch is trying to kill her, but instead he just tells her a little about his past and she’s satisfied with that. He takes her home, where she finds the school therapist, Debra, who is also trying to kill her(Everyone wants to kill Nora). Nora Hides in her closet and then Patch comes from nowhere and kills Debra. Then send Nora to the movies so he can clean up the mess. There Nora begins to think that Patch is really a killer blah blah blah…
Patch finds her, takes her to the girls bathroom, traps her in there, and then he say “ Door’s lock and we have unfinished business.” which I get why she would make out with him, ‘cause he’s extremely hot and he wants you, but then again he just confessed to ripping off Debra’s wings so that it’s too hot, but she losses all her will power and then they get really close to having sex in the bathroom of a movie theater… wouldn’t that be a good “first time” story?
Right before they get naked Nora’s best friend Vee calls and says she’s at school with these two guys and Nora should come. And Nora being the noble friend she is get Patch to take her there, then save her when a raving loon/many greats, grandfather who is nephilim tries to kill her. Then she jump off a building hoping that if she killed herself she would kill him because their connected in the life cycle or some shit like that.
Then the sonuvabitch dies and Nora somehow lives, and patch gets his wings back and is a pointed Nora’s guardian angel.
I gave this book a 9 when I could have been a ten, because I absolutely HATE Nora’s guts. She was that character who was all like “Oh I’m not pretty” and “guys never notice me“ and “I cant save myself.” And “I’m gonna do something I know is stupid to find out what’s really going on,” and “I might get killed but I don’t care I love him!” I hate those cliché girls, in my book Alice is badass. She might be new to the world but she’s totally hot and kick ass and she knows when a guy likes her and she uses him to her advantage. SHE IS NOT A DAMSEL IN DISTRESS !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment